Monday, July 12, 2010

Mountain biking Placitas


It's been a while. Since the crash in Placitas in the spring that hurt my knee and kept me off the bike for so long I have used mostly hiking to strengthen my knee. I could tell today that has worked well. BUT, hiking isn't nearly as good for cardio as biking. I could tell that also. This made the climbs seem brutal. But I was thrilled with the knee and my 2-wheeled baby performed flawlessly.

I am still working
on finishing the trail map out here. I can't find anyone that's ever heard of there being a map for out here. But someone has done such a good job of building a great network of trails that it will take a very long time to get it all mapped. I keep running into so many intersections that I've only been one or two of the legs. I will eventually get it all put together though!!

The important thing is, I had a great day off and a great ride and it's within 20 miles of the house.

To read more and see several photos click
here.
Hmmmm, next????

No comments:

Post a Comment