Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday 18 July 2010 New road bike


WOW!! I've been head-over-handlebars in love with my Scott Scale 50 mountain bike for over 2 years now, but yesterday I finally added a badly needed mount to my stable. Specialized TriCross Sport cyclocross bike.

Cyclocross is a sport of its own. The bike is built in the style of a road bike but the geometry is between a road and a mountain bike, closer to a roadie. The tires are much more narrow than a mountain bike, and still have some tread to them, but not as narrow and slick as roadie tires. The frame is somewhat beefier and what made me go with the TriCross is the fact that they use mountain bike components. The rear derailleur is LX, not bad stuff.

But the minimal asphalt resistance, the more-road frame and somewhat lighter will allow me to get out and stroll and build cardio and upper body for riding more. Not to mention I certainly will lose weight. The mountain ride Monday kicked my butt terribly. I could tell I had been hiking instead of riding. But that's all changed. NOT that I will quit hiking by any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment