Monday, October 4, 2010

10042010 Mountain biking Ellena Gallegoes







Great ride!!!! Parked at Elena Gallegoes Picnic Area and started out on Trail # 366. Took it to #365 and then too 365 to the end at the parking lot off Glenwood Hills and Desert Hills. I started to go to the southern part of 365 but to do that you have to go way DOWN Glenwood and I was afraid I wouldn't have it in me to ride that much asphalt, play on the trail on the south end then climb that LONG hill back up to Desert Hills and then ride the trail back up the hill to the car.

Instead I opted when I got back to the 305/365/366 junction to take 305 and see what it was like on the way to the car. Not bad, pretty much more of the same. LOTS of fun fast curves on all this trail system.

All the above was ridden on the Tricross. I took both bikes so I could compare. After this ride I rested a few then swapped bikes and mounted up on my REAL mountain bike. I love my cyclocross bike and this is a good place to ride cyclo BUT Scotty won the competition. MY GOSH the ride was different. When you get to the rough, rocky ups or downs not having suspension on the Tri causes your body to take a beating. Plus, less tread causes you to have to slow more on the loose gravelly curves.

I let a little air out of the tires of Scotty and we rock-and-rolled!!! She never ceases to amaze me and NEVER lets me down!!

I hate it's been so long since I've ridden on this side of town but I will be back. Maybe next week, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment