Saturday, October 2, 2010

2010 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta



What a mild start to Balloon Fiesta this year compared to last. Last year even I was in long pants, jacket and gloves! This year, shorts and short sleeves (for me anyway!).


The negative aspect
of a milder start, balloons do not fly as well in warm air. So the mass ascension wasn't quite what it could have been. Some of the balloons didn't get very far, in fact, some didn't even lift off.

But the awe
of that first morning was certainly still there. I'm not as totally nuts about them as Jodi but I do enjoy them a lot and enjoy her being like a kid in a candy store. And this year her Aunt Carol from Phoenix came to stay with us for the weekend and we met a couple people, Jim and Milay (wish I had asked how to spell it, pronounced mu (as in mud) lay) from the general vicinity of Nashville that this was their first year. So Jodi and I, being old-times since we've seen in one year before, tried to make sure they all really enjoyed the experience and didn't miss anything.

Jodi and Carol are there again right now for the evening "glow." I stayed home a) because I wanted to and this is why I was thrilled that Carol came and she can keep Jodi company and b) because I really needed a ride tonight. Which I just got back from. On the Tri this time.

Going to my first
Cyclocross race tomorrow morning. I will go see the balloons with the ladies and ride the Tri to the race from there. Can't wait to see it. If everything goes half as planned I hope to race in a few events next year. Not trying to be competitive in the circuit, just for my own satisfaction.

I'll report after the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment