Friday, July 15, 2011

Ride the Rockies 2012


As much as I love mountain biking, partially because of my lovely Scott Scale 50, I have learned this year that I like road riding more than I ever thought I would. As the previous post states this is largely due to the trails in New Mexico being closed for a lengthy time due to fires in so much of the state and such a dangerous threat in almost all the state.

Another thing that caused me to be more interested in road riding was when in the border of my Facebook page I saw an ad for Ride the Rockies which I immediately "liked" and then spent hours on their website looking at the gorgeous photos of last years ride.

So, the first step was to start riding my cyclocross bike on the road on longer rides and throwing in a LOT of climbing. Step two, buy a road bike. Since I just bought the $1,300 cyclocross last year and we have other plans for expenditures this summer I put my new bike in lay-a-way at Cycle Cave. XL 2011 Scott CR1 Comp, all carbon, dual ring lovely, lovely ride. Can't wait to get my hands and other body parts on this baby!! Then the training will truly start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment