Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Goals nearing, one step at a time

I really never thought it would happen. I had high hopes and was working pretty hard on it (not as hard as Jodi who as of today has lost over 76 pounds in the last year, but pretty hard for me) but the reality seemed far away. I still want to continue but even if I can't or if accomplishments slow I can't be disappointed.

As this post from another site I sometimes write for explains I have been working on getting back in shape for a long time. When I arrived in New Mexico in 2009 I weighed over 273 pounds and wore size 42 pants, this morning I weighed 215 pounds and I wore size 34! And they weren't miserable. Talking about weighing that much isn't something I enjoy but I want anyone that reads this and is struggling to know that improvements are possible. Will I ever be the 175 I would love to be in order to be a much stronger cyclist? That's probably a pipe dream but I can sure tell a difference between when we moved here and when I rode this past weekend. and fully intend to continue trying. I think 20 more lost is very possible and hope for 30. Time will tell. Joining and enjoying the Lovelace Cycling Team has most definitely helped.

The cold weather isn't helping at all but I'm trying to stay active even if I do have to freeze to do it. I do not want to go backwards from what I accomplished this year. They're talking about maybe 60 degrees on Sunday and I cannot wait.


1 comment:

  1. Great, they've changed the weather forecast, 60 degrees is nowhere in our future!

    ReplyDelete