Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 wheels, skinny or fat doesn't really matter

I've had conversations with a couple people recently about bikes and biking. Yeah I know, imagine that! In the conversation I explained that if I ever had to give up one bike for the other I would always keep my mountain biking and give up being a roadie. I noticed the last couple of nights that evidence does not support that proclamation.

Yesterday afternoon I took off early to get in a good ride since the winter weather has been so amazing, 50's for highs the end of January, first of February. Monday night when Jodi and I went for a run, another night of our C25K training, the trails on the Bosque had signs all over the place that they are closed. The signs they're closed because of pesticide being sprayed but there is equipment there that I think is cleaning out underbrush and blow-down to lessen the danger of fire. Due to so many trails being "closed" and these being the only trails close enough to work to get in a ride in the afternoon before dark I opted for the road bike. Got in a great 13 mile ride with a lot of short, steep hill-climbing.

Today, I got home at regular time but it was warm again and I had enough daylight to do some more short quick hill-climbing training. So I did. Just 5 miles but a lot of good climbing. Oh, did I mention? Once again I climbed on the skinny tire bike. It is a longer ride from home to fun off-road riding and I didn't have enough time before dark.

I guess the moral of this story is, I sure hope I never have to choose. My Scott Scale mountain bike is my favorite "toy" I have ever owned but the CR1 is becoming more a part of life than I ever thought it would.

I don't really care which or where I just want to ride and climb!

No comments:

Post a Comment