Friday, February 1, 2013

First day of February afternoon of cross training


Working a few extra hours early in the week and being able to leave early has really paid off this week.  Yesterday's trail run and then this afternoon a 32 mile bike ride with lots of climbing makes for a good training week.

The sunshine and warm temps, even though it is the first day of February, made for a great afternoon of cruising on two wheels. I left the hospital and headed to Unser, rode to Northern, to Idalia to Iris to 550 back to Unser and home. Great ride until I turned left on 550 and the wind hit me in the face worse than hitting a brick wall. It was the toughest ride in a very, very long time. I actually dropped to the very lowest gear and could barely move. If I stopped pedaling it literally stopped me in a couple seconds. I had to be careful to get unclipped and my foot ready to hit the ground before it blew me over. I wasn't happy. 

But my legs certainly felt, FEEL, like I accomplished what I wanted. I kept the gear low and the cadence high. And the Scott, well she performed just like you would expect!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment