Sunday, February 10, 2013

Will mile number 1 always suck?

In case you haven't figured it out already I hate cold and windy weather!!! But I also hate running on a treadmill. I almost talked myself out of running at all but then 1) how can I say I'm "training" for a race and only run 1 to 2 days per week? and 2) Saucony posted this on Facebook: "Saucony
Some call it Sunday, but we know it as Run-day. Who's capping off the week with some extra mileage? #FindYourStrong."

I also almost talked myself into waiting until tomorrow and going to the gym with Jodi to run while she's in her class but I thought it better to do both. Besides, my wonderful crew at work gave me a gift certificate for my birthday so I used it to buy a new pair of running shorts and I wanted to see how I liked them so what the hell, onto the treadmill I went. 

Mile 1 sucked as always, but then it was the fastest mile I did,  but after that it became easier and more fun. I ended up with a total run of almost 4.25 miles and with warm up and cool down just over 4.5. No big deal except I set a few PR's!, longest run ever on a treadmill, longest run with zero walk break and longest run all at that pace. The pace has to improve but tonight I wanted to be sure and be able to finish the four miles.

Oh, the shorts felt great. Can't wait to run in them next weekend in Tucson. NOT on a treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment