Sunday, January 23, 2011

So, added trail-running to my workout today


1.5 miles isn't a big deal at all, a warm up in fact, to a runner but for a guy who 6 months ago weighed over 273 pounds and wouldn't think of doing that to me knee, I thought it was pretty good.

Averaged 4.5 miles per hour with a top speed of 6.9. We'll see how that improves. Did 1 mile in 9 minutes 20 seconds yesterday at the gym but that was on an elliptical trainer so I had the advantage of arm movement to push me a little faster. I'll get to that speed on trail this spring!

Then Jodi and I took off for an exploratory road trip to the Mt. Taylor area. I stopped and did a quick check-it-out hike on another section of the CDT (Continental Divide Trail). Definitely have to go back there with a backpack. Drove up to almost 9,000 feet toward Mt. Taylor but the road was so covered with snow and ice we decided to bail and return in the spring. BEAUTIFUL up there though. I see some camping trips this year!

SO happy that I will have Saturdays off this year so we can explore and camp more.

No comments:

Post a Comment